Be Still and Know

Dear God,
You've never ever ever told me I have to know what's going to happen. You've never told me I have to do it alone. You've never told me I need to know what tomorrow will hold, where to go when I graduate, who I am going to marry or how I am going to pay for my next semester of college. You've never asked, "Hannah, do you know where I am leading you?" You've never asked me if I know the answers to my tests. You've never asked me my opinion about how I would like my life to turn out ten years down the road. You've never expected me to know anything.

And tonight I come to you & this is what you say:
Be still and know that I am God.

Once I know that you are God, I will know the purpose for my life. I will know where my next meal will come from. I will know who will provide for college. I will know who the love of my life is, and that is You. I will know where you want me to go, when it is time to go. I will know where you are leading me when you start walking and I begin following. I will know true peace. I will know joy.
I will know what it is like to live free. I will know steadfast love. I will know good from evil. I will know who to love and how to love them.

Knowing that the Lord is God puts the universe back in place. It takes the pressure off of me to know anything else.

Be still my soul & know. Know that the Lord is God. The Lord is my God. Forever & ever, the Lord is God.

An excerpt from my journal: May, 2017.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I make my bed in Sheol, You are there

A day in the life

Let the Redeemed of the Lord tell their Story